Vietnam or Indonesia
Group Sustainability Manager
Full-time permanent role
Summary of the Role:
This position is a regional role, responsible for supporting clients to advance sustainability by implementing value-adding solutions, including sustainability reporting, stakeholder engagement, assessment, and strategy. This role will involve working closely with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders and can see the big strategic picture while remaining hands-on and work on the technical side of the job.
- Define local sustainability missions, goals, tasks, and resource requirements according to the company’s commercial and sustainable goals;
- Provide decision making across all issues affecting the department;
- Design and manage projects within scope (schedule, cost, and quality) in coordination with clients and the trade team;
- Elaborate and manage project budgets and resources accordingly;
- Develop monitoring tools to track the progress of projects, providing corrective supervision as necessary;
- Actively seek out funding opportunities and prepare project proposals for donors (public and private);
- Prepare and submit accurate project reports according to agreed schedules;
- Represent the company at local/regional sustainability events, acting as a spokesperson for its values and objectives.
- A professional approach that generates creditability and confidence in others;
- Ability to work with different cultures and nationalities;
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to prepare and present PowerPoint documents;
- Ability to cope with pressure and work to tight deadlines.
Qualifications and Experience needed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, social sciences, sustainability, public administration, anthropology, economic sciences, or related field ;
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated experience in a sustainability-related role;
- Excellent understanding of Sustainability and CSR strategic approaches and advisory tools;
- Practical experience in Sustainability reporting;
- Project management skills;
- Monitoring and reporting;
- Knowledge of current international sustainability tools, trends, and their application in business.
Strong command of verbal and written English; fluency in other languages practiced in South East Asia would be an advantage.
This position requires frequent travel within the Asia region.