Regional CFO Asia
Global Financial Controler
Summary of the Role:
Lead Finance teams, manage the processes for financial forecasting and budgets, accounting and taxes, Treasury and relationships with local banks, and oversee the preparation of all financial reporting. Advice on long-term business and financial planning.
- Effectively lead the finance/accounting teams by hiring and retaining performing individuals; develop and coach the existing team, proactively replace underperformers as needed.
- Drive effective internal and external communication interactions.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner. Clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements.
- Ensure the implementation of accounting systems across EA companies.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting process.
- Review, improve and harmonize existing internal controls and procedures across EA companies
- Lead new projects (feasibility study, follow up ...)
- Develop and implement a risk management policy; ensure controls are in place to manage commodity positions and trading.
- Explore and set up local crop financing and Capex facilities.
- Develop and nurture local banking relationships for financing and Fx needs.
- Ensure compliance with local tax law.
- Identify risks and opportunities related to local tax regulation.
- BA in Business Administration with a major in Finance or equivalent.
- Accounting & Finance qualification/certification (CPA/ACCA/ CFA/…) is a major asset.
- IFRS certification is a plus.
- 10+ of related experience in the regional role and in managing multiple entities/countries' finances.
- Experience in a managerial position for at least 5 years.
- Experience in a commodity company is a plus.
Confidentiality - deal with sensitive, private, and confidential matters.
- Analytical skills - information gathering, analysis, and judgment.
- Problem-solving - Clearly define situations and resolve complicated and delicate issues patiently.
- Strategic thinking- visionary, thinks long term and short term, able to set a vision for the company and SMART Goals.
- Business-oriented – has always in mind the end results and the company growth.
- Organization - able to prioritize, plan tasks, and respect deadlines.
- Integrity - honest and has a high level of ethics.
- Attention to Detail - meticulous and careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Dependability - reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Lead by example and act as a role model by displaying courtesy, respect, and a cooperative attitude that embraces diversity.
- Proficiency in Excel.
- Knowledge of “SAP” and “Sunsystems” software is a major asset.
- Ability to work under stress and respond to tight deadlines.
- Readiness to travel for short business trips.