Regional CFO Asia – Based in APAC
Global Financial Controller
Summary of the Role:
Lead Finance teams, manage the processes for financial forecasting and budgets, accounting and taxes, Treasury and relationships with local banks, and oversee the preparation of all financial reporting. Advise on long-term business and financial planning.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilitiess:
- Effectively lead the finance/accounting teams by hiring and retaining performing individuals; develop and coach existing team, proactively replace underperformers as needed;
- Drive effective internal and external communication interactions;
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner. Clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements;
- Ensure the implementation of accounting system across EA companies;
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting process;
- Review, improve and harmonize existing internal controls and procedures across EA companies;
- Lead new projects (feasibility study, follow up ...);
- Develop and implement a risk management policy; ensure controls are in place to manage commodity positions and trading ;
- Explore and set up local crop financing and Capex facilities;
- Develop and nurture local banking relationships for financing and FX needs;
- Ensure the compliance with local tax law;
- Identify risk and opportunities related to local tax regulation.
Qualifications and Education:
- BA in Business Administration with a major in Finance or equivalent;
- Accounting & Finance qualification/certification (CPA/ACCA/ CFA/…) is a major asset;
- IFRS certification is a plus;
- 10+ of related experience in regional role and in managing multiple entities/countries finances;
- Experience in managerial position for at least 5 years;
- Experience in a commodity company is a plus.
- Confidentiality - deal with sensitive, private and confidential matters;
- Analytical skills - information gathering, analysis and judgment;
- Problem solving - Clearly define situations and resolve complicated and delicate issues patiently;
- Strategic thinking- visionary, thinks long term and short term, able to set a vision for the company and SMART Goals;
- Business oriented – has always in mind the end results and the company growth;
- Organization - able to priorities, plan tasks and respect deadlines;
- Integrity - honest and has high level of ethics;
- Dependability - reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations;
- Lead by example and act as a role model by displaying courtesy, respect and cooperative attitude, embraces diversity;
- Perfect spoken English; and other language of the area of operation is a plus.
- Proficiency in Excel;
- Knowledge of “SAP” and “Sunsystems” software is a major asset.
- Ability to work under stress and respond to tight deadlines;
- Readiness to travel for short business trips.