Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Manager for the Asia Region
Vietnam or Indonesia
Group Sustainability Manager
Full-time permanent role
Summary of the Role:
We seek a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized Environment, Health, and Safety professional to join our team. The position is a regional role that requires at least 60% travel and an ability to work with EHS teams and management in different countries to drive continuous improvements in Environment, Health, and Safety standards.
As the regional Environment Health and Safety (EHS) Manager at our company, you will be responsible for creating and enforcing a health and safety culture within our organization while ensuring Environmental compliance. You will ensure all employees' safety and health through active training and enforcement and provide advice and recommendations for EHS improvements.
The role is responsible for leading and supporting all aspects of the business in its adoption and conformance to all environment, health and safety legislation and policies/statements and procedures.
- Plan, organize, direct, control, and coordinate the development and implementation of the environment, health and safety management system in compliance with applicable legislation, International Standards, and relevant customer codes of practice throughout the group's Asia businesses.
- Develop, implement, and monitor EHS strategies, policies, and programs that promote sustainable development.
- Identify and train local EHS coordinators where necessary.
- Establish, manage, and monitor standards, processes, communications, risk assessments, management systems, and delivery of all EHS activities effectively and efficiently.
- Liaise with regulatory bodies / internal /external business customers and ensuring all key performance measures and objectives are achieved regarding Environment, Health, and Safety.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation, including by-laws.
- Educate and ensure employees' compliance on EHS procedures and regulations.
- Always ensure the company is prepared to submit all the relevant EHS documents as required by any stakeholder.
- Develop monthly regional EHS reports and share them with the regional EHS team and management.
- Encourage and promote the use of safer work equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Ensure all incidents are investigated, reported and action plans closed out within the agreed time frame.
- Keep abreast of industry and market trends and best practices.
- Update procedures and policies for new regulations or local ordinances.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the Environment, Health, and Safety policies recommending changes where appropriate.
- Ensure that potentially hazardous practices are brought to the attention of management.
- Advise Senior Management on all legal and other requirements at the workplace related to EHS.
- Keep a database of incident investigation reports, including tracking action plans and sharing the incidents as lessons learned with the EHS team.
- Producing educational resources and coordinate EHS training for Sucafina staff in the region based on a training needs analysis.
- Establish and implement a consequence and reward management system to develop a positive culture within the region.
- Plan and ensure audits and inspections are carried out across all company operations. Follow up and ensure non-conformances are closed out within the agreed time frame.
Education, Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, public administration, engineering, construction, occupational safety, and health, or related field
- A relevant professional qualification in Environmental Management and detailed understanding and proven capability in environmental legislation and ISO 14001
- Five (5) years of previous experience in comprehensive workplace safety and compliance programs
- Extensive knowledge of adequate health safety and environmental management strategies and best practice.
- Detailed knowledge of current health safety and environmental legislation and its application.
- A professional approach that generates credibility and confidence in others.
- Ability to work with different cultures and nationalities.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to prepare and present PowerPoint and other documents.
- The ability to work in partnership and across boundaries to achieve results.
- Confident and assertive with a self-motivated approach and flexible attitude.
- The ability to overcome obstacles to solve problems to achieve results.
- Ability to cope with pressure and work to tight deadlines.
- A personal commitment to continuous self-development.
- Strong IT skills, e.g., Microsoft Office.
Strong command of verbal and written English; fluency in other languages practiced in South East Asia would be an advantage.
The role will most likely be based in Vietnam or Indonesia and requires frequent extended travel within India, Indonesia, East Timor, Papua New Guinea, and China